We help our guests “get back to life” after an injury, surgery or stroke with our state-of-the-art Rehabilitation Center, highly qualified therapists and knowledgeable, caring staff. Our interdisciplinary staff collaborates closely with attending physicians from New York Columbia Presbyterian and Montefiore Hospitals to ensure that we are providing our patients the highest level of care.
Our Rehabilitation Center
The Methodist Home’s 2,000 square foot Rehabilitation Center is the cornerstone of our subacute/short-term rehabilitation program. We offer 40 private rooms with full bathrooms for our short-term guests. Plus, patients work with our staff in our “Activities of Daily Living Suite” to promote confidence in getting back to their normal routines once they return home.
If your loved one needs additional care after hospitalization to continue recovery and receive occupational, physical and speech/dysphagia therapy, our skilled nursing team will help them regain strength and ease their transition back home.
Treatment goals may include:
- Walking and/or climbing stairs independently
- Standing up (using the latest equipment for orthopedic and neurological conditions)
- Preventing falls (with advanced balance training)
- Managing daily routines such as bathing and dressing
- Transfer techniques such as getting in and out of bed (or the car)
- Regaining strength and endurance overall.
- Improving speech and swallowing functions
Would you like to know if the Methodist Home offers a particular medical intervention that is needed for yourself or your loved one? Fill out the contact form below with your question and someone will be in touch shortly.
You have Questions? We Have Answers!