Cardiac Rehabilitation at the Methodist Home
In the cardiac rehabilitation program at the Methodist Home for Nursing and Rehabilitation, our therapy, nursing, and dining staff work together to create a customized, heart-healthy care plan for each patient who comes to stay with us.
Located in Riverdale, we specialize in short-term and post-acute care for New York City area residents. Methodist Home patients enjoy their stay in our five-star rated facility that features private rooms and bathrooms.
Who Needs Our Cardiac Rehabilitation Program?
Individuals of varying ages and conditions can benefit from a short stay in our facility in our cardiac rehabilitation program. Outpatient therapy services are also available.
Conditions we treat include (but are not limited to):
- Post heart surgery recovery, including valve replacement and bypass procedures
- Heart attack recovery
- Angioplasty or stent placement
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart failure
- Post heart transplant care
- S/P pacemaker placement
Cardiac Rehabilitation Services
At the Methodist Home, we help our cardiac patients safely regain strength and stamina as they meet their goals to return to their home environment.
- Admission assessments completed by nursing and rehabilitation departments to develop an individualized cardiac rehabilitation plan of care for each patient
- Physical therapy sessions focused on building endurance, strength, and mobility
- Occupational therapy sessions focused on activities of daily living that are needed to live independently in a home environment
- Nursing services to monitor heart rhythms, vitals, medications, and other patient needs
- Coordination of consultations with physicians and specialists as needed
- A heart-healthy diet and nutrition education
- Weekly interdisciplinary reviews to track patient progress
Helping Patients Return Home
When a cardiac rehabilitation patient meets their goals and are ready to return home, our care coordination team of social workers work with the patient and their medical providers to ensure a smooth transition.
Discharge Services Include:
- A customized exercise plan for each patient to continue independently at home
- A recommended dietary plan to continue at home
- Evaluation and ordering of medication
- Education of the patient and their family members
- Coordination assistance with outpatient therapy, home care services, and durable home medical equipment
- Phone calls for one month after discharge to ensure patient safety
You have Questions? We Have Answers!