Stroke Rehabilitation at the Methodist Home
Here at the Methodist Home for Nursing and Rehabilitation, our 2,000-square-foot rehabilitation center is in the process of being renovated and expanded. We specialize in post-acute and short-term care in the New York City area, and we have a special program for patients needing stroke rehabilitation services.
Our stroke rehabilitation program provides rehabilitation services guided by a physiatrist. Neurology consultations are performed as needed, and weekly interdisciplinary reviews all departments involved in each patient’s care.
All patients of our facility enjoy the safety and privacy of their own private room and bathroom.
Stroke Rehabilitation Services
Our team’s primary focus is to help patients regain function and strength on their path to return home.
Rehabilitation Services Include:
- Stroke rehabilitation services guided by a physiatrist
- Neurology consultations performed as needed
- Weekly interdisciplinary reviews
- Nursing and Rehabilitation Assessment that focuses on each patient’s stroke type and associated complications and risk factors
- Other patient assessments including pain management, speech-language pathology and dysphagia, weight and nutrition, mood, and ADL (Activities of Daily Living) function
- Inpatient physical, occupational, and speech therapy services
- Therapy focuses including cognitive speech, swallowing assessment and training, interventions for tone and spasticity control, sensory retraining, coordination, strength and motor control, visual/perceptual status assessment and intervention, and postural retraining and positioning
Our care coordination team of social workers works to ensure a smooth discharge process once each patient’s nursing, therapy goals and stroke recovery have been met.
- Evaluation of medications
- A customized at-home exercise plan
- Family and patient education
- Scheduling of any needed home care services, outpatient therapy, and durable medical equipment needed at home
- Scheduling of doctor follow-up appointments
- Ordering of medications
- Weekly follow-up calls for one month after discharge
Contact Us Today
You have Questions? We Have Answers!